Tuesday 3 November 2009

proposal

The story of my film involves a secret agent named jack Jones trying to track down a program on a disc that has the power to disable the UK power network .The power network already went down for just over 24 hours once with devastating effects. The government has has received a letter saying that if the terrorists do not receive ten million pounds, then the power network will go down again. The government sets Jones a mission to recover the computer program that brought it down, and bring the scientist back to London for questioning.

The agent enters the base through a back door, and has to evade a few guards in order to progress deeper into the base. On the way down a corridor, he is spotted by guards and has to find a safe place to hide, which he accomplishes by hiding in a broom cupboard until pursuit has quietened down. He then finds the disc but is seen again on the way out by guards and fails to evacuate the scientist. Upon looking at the disc that Jack recovers, the government discover that it was only a backup and the main program is on the terrorists computer network. The government then sends Jack back into the base to destroy it and kill the scientist at all costs, which is accomplished by the agent.

I would produce a trailer for this film for my project. It would be an action film. I am attracted to this idea because I believe it would be fun to create something in the action genre, and I have played a fair amount of games based around this sort of concept so I have several places to look at for inspiration. .. The trailer itself would show small snippets of the actions, such as just showing the agent entering the base, evading pursuit from guards and possibly extracting the scientists

In terms of research, I would probably need to look at movie trailers online, in order for me t o get a better idea of the structure or form that they are usually displayed in. I would probably also need to look at some more action films, because although I have played many games with similar concepts, I have not seen a massive amount of films.

In terms of technical resources , I would need a video camera and a video editing package like those found in the media department. I would probably need access to Garage band once again in order to compose the music for my trailers. For this project to be effective however, I would need to develop my video skills as I have practically no experience in this field at all. I wold also need to learn how to use the video editing software in order to edit my piece successfully.

I believe my product could be created fairly successfully in the college. This is because the college building itself would make a very good enemy base.In terms of people, I would need about five actors in total, one actor to play the agent himself, a couple of actors to play the the guards that he has to get past at the base and possibly another actor in order to play the scientist that he has to retrieve. In terms of props, both the agent and the guards would need a costume in order to make them look convincing, and these characters would likely need to be armed as well.

In terms of how my project could be distributed in real life, the most logical choice would be at the cinema, at the beginning and end of films, as that is when most movie trailers are shown. My trailer would also likely be available on the Internet , as this is where most film trailers can be found these days. The potential audience for my project would likely be males in the end of their teens or early twenties, as these tend to be the sort of people who watch these sorts of films.

In terms of how I would promote my film, I would crate a radio trailer, this would utilise key snippets of dialogue form the film, and would probably also use some sound effects in order to convey the premise of the film to a radio listening audience. The second method I would use to promote my products. I would also use a web page where both the trailer and the radio trailer could be watched and heard, along with pictures for the film, as another possible method of promotion

1 comment:

Brother Paul said...

This is an ambitious project, Jack, and a good premise. You might find it easier to make if the power cuts are supposed to occur at random intervals in random places. This would have an equally devastating effect on the economy in the long run, but saves you from the challenge of depicting an entire city in blackout. The terrorist could have financial motives or could be driven by misguided ecological concerns, like the Unabomber...

We'll have a refresher session on using iMovie with magnifier.

You have the option of doing a poster instead of a radio ad if you prefer.