Wednesday 4 November 2009

locations props and lighting

I did some location scouting yesterday. I found that the point 4 sports complex at college would make an excellent base for the Blackmore corporation. because it is quite a large modern building. We also thought the tutor room would make a good office for the opening scene. When we asked the point 4 if we were allowed to use the area, they said as long as no members of the general public were in any shots as we would have to fill out a release form for them. We also looked at 54 Venn's lane as a good area to use for the section where people are huddled
round a radio.

in terms of costumes, I believe my scientist should wear a lab coat to demote him a such, and my agent should wear a suit. I am not sure what the three security guards should wear, as it will be difficult to find costumes for them. In terms of props, we will need something to represent the program that my agent has to recover, and perhaps my agent could have a briefcase as part of his disguise for getting into the base. We will also need a mobile phone to allow my agent to communicate with his boss.

1 comment:

Brother Paul said...

This was a useful exercise, Jack. You might it simpler to use one guard rather than three. We might be able to find a peaked cap for him. The "McGuffin" would probably be more convincing as a pen drive or a circuit board, both of which we could supply.

The shoot in 54 will be on a Tuesday evening. As you're away next week, I suggest you email the residents to get their agreement for a shoot on the 17th. In the morning, you could do the sub-station, weather permitting.